Monday, July 4, 2011

We celebrate fireworks on 4th of July

I love teaching primary and I dont think I can ever say it enough. Those kids humble me and help me be better throughout the week. Whenever I have a bad attitude during the week or I want to do something I shouldnt, I think of those 11 kids and how I need to be the best I can. This week the lesson was about Heavenly Father blesses and helps missionaries. I told them all about how I am going on a mission and they all got really sad. I will really miss them but I am glad Sister Horkley wants me to stay until I leave.

Anyways...I love my kids so much I bring treats EVERY week, being in Rexburg next weekend will be hard, but I dont think I will be able to top myself after this.

This week, my mom and I went to this candy shop in Monroe, Wa called Sweet Indulgence. We were just looking around and we saw these cute little candy treats





Look easy, right? WRONG!

My mom and I hit up Winco Friday night to get some candies for this treat and we got them all. Saturday night we sat down to put together the treats and oh my! They were sticky and gooey and took FOREVER! And I had to make 11!!!! After some silly choice words, my mom and I finally managed to put some together for both of our classes and extra treats.







So cute, I know! I am on my way to be a cute little Mormon girl. And when I gave them out at the end of class this Sunday they all gave me a hug and told me how great I am. I know it was mostly because of the candy, but still. I LOVE THEM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment